2016 Georgia Transportation SummitName: 2016 Georgia Transportation SummitDate: November 30, 2016Time: 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM ESTEvent Description:
- Meg Pirkle (Chief Engineer - Georgia Department of Transportation)
- Keith Parker (CEO - MARTA)
- Chris Tomlinson (GRTA/SRTA)
- B Bhedodari (Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport)
- Jannine Miller (Center of Innovation for Logistics at GDEcD)
- Breakout Session: Darryl VanMeter (Georgia Department of Transportation)
Registration for this event is closed.
State of the System:
Hosted in partnership with the Georgia Department of Transportation, Georgia Chamber of Commerce and Georgia Transportation Alliance, this full day event is focused on the state of transportation in Georgia - from roads and bridges to trains, ports and airports.
General Session Speakers:
- Russell McMurry, Commissioner - Georgia Department of Transportation
- Meg Pirkle, Chief Engineer - Georgia Department of Transportation
- Keith Parker, General Manager & CEO - MARTA
- Chris Tomlinson, Executive Director - Georgia Regional Transportation Authority & State Road & Tollway Authority
- Balram "B" Bheodari, Airport Deputy General Manager, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Jannine Miller, Director - Center of Innovation for Logistics at Georgia Department of Economic Development
- Griffith Lynch, Executive Director - Georgia Ports Authority
General Session Panel Discussion:
- Ed Mortimer, Executive Director of Transportation Infrastructure - U.S. Chamber
- Steve Hall, Vice President of Government Affairs - American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
- Dr. Alison Premo Black, Senior Vice President and Chief Economist - American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA)
Breakout Session Topics:
- Navigating Policy Changes at GDOT
- Project Managers Roundtable
- Environmental Roundtable
- GEPA Permitting
- Alternate Project Delivery
- DBE/Small Business
- Traffic Operations
- Pedestrian Accommodation During Construction
- Importance of Public Involvement
Click HERE to view the full morning General Session agenda.
Click HERE to view the full afternoon Breakout Session agenda.
Click HERE to view all speaker bios.
Click HERE to view a list of attending GDOT employees.
Click HERE for Sponsorship Opportunities. Contact Jennifer Head at Jennifer.Head@acecga.org or (404) 665-3539 to sponsor.
Registration cancelations are not permitted after November 18th. If you are unable to attend and would like to send a substitute, please email their name, company, and email address to Brittney Love.