2019 Georgia Engineers Summer ConferenceName: 2019 Georgia Engineers Summer ConferenceDate: June 6, 2019 - June 9, 2019Registration: Register NowEvent Description:
CONTENT | CLIENTS | CONNECTIONS
Join engineering, business and community leaders for the 2019 Georgia Engineers Summer Conference from June 6-9, 2019 at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts in Orlando, Florida.
- SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
- CLICK HERE FOR BREAKOUT SESSIONS
- CLICK HERE FOR GENERAL SESSIONS
- SPONSORSHIP & EXHIBITOR OPPORTUNITIES
- "DEAR BOSS" LETTER
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: STORY MUSGRAVE
Hear the inspiring story and leadership lessons of NASA astronaut and true renaissance man, Dr. Story Musgrave. Dr. Musgrave was a NASA astronaut for over 30 years, flying on a total of six spaceflights (tying him for second most spaceflights by any astronaut or cosmonaut). He is the only astronaut to fly on all five Space Shuttles and spent nearly 27 hours in extra-vehicular activity spacewalks, including the first shuttle spacewalk on Challenger's first flight and famously serving as the lead spacewalker on the 1993 mission to repair the Hubble Space Telescope. Until John Glenn's return to space in 2998, Dr. Musgrave held the record for the oldest person in orbit at age 61. In addition to his astronaut wings, Dr. Musgrave has flown more than 17,700 hours in 160 different types of civilian and military aircraft, including 7,500 hours in jet aircraft and is an accomplished parachutist, having made more than 800 free falls, including over 100 experimental free-fall descents involved with the study of human aerodynamics. And if all of that wasn't impressive enough, Dr. Musgrave has also earned six graduate degrees in medicine (MD), math, computers, chemistry, biological physics, and literature and has been awarded 21 honorary doctorates. He was also a part-time trauma surgeon at Denver General Hospital for the entirety of his NASA career.
SPEAKERS & MODERATORS INCLUDE:
- Brad Carr, Partner, Andersen, Tate & Carr
- Katie Cash, Vice President, Smartegies, LLC
- David Clark, Director of Public Works, Fulton County Water
- John Classe, CEO/ District Administrator, Reedy Creek Improvement District
- Donna Corlew, Chief WIT Officer, C+Connect
- Lee Edmond, Vice President, Professional Liability Specialist, Risk Strategies Company
- Dawson Fercho, Partner, Corporate Tax Advisors
- Cindi Filer, CEO and Founder, Innovative Outsourcing
- Matt Frankel, JE Dunn
- Simon Goodhead, Principal Consultant, The Coxe Group Inc.
- Chris Haggard, Assistant Public Works Director, City of Johns Creek | Jacobs
- Ann Hanlon, Executive Director, Perimeter CIDs
- Tim Matthews, Senior Design Build Project Manager, Georgia Department of Transportation
- Mike McMeekin, Chairman of the Board, Lamp Rynearson
- Greg Ramsey, Director of Public Works & City Engineer, City of Peachtree Corners
- Tracy Rathbone Styf, Executive Director, Town Center CID
- Tyler Richards, Assistant Director, Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources
- Albert Shelby, Director of Program Delivery, Georgia Department of Transportation
- Don Swift, Managing Partner, Andersen, Tate & Carr
- And more!
CONFERENCE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- A Model for Large Scale New Urbanism and Mixed-Use Redevelopment: The Making of Orlando's Baldwin Park
- Building Leaders For Your Firm's Future
- Building Your Brand
- Creating Clients for Life
- Engineering a Project Win Before the RFP Hits the Streets
- Knowing What Your Clients Want: How Engineers Can Provide Better Service for Their Water & Wastewater Clients
- Knowing What Your Clients Want: How Engineers Can Provide Better Service for Their Vertical Construction Clients
- Knowing What your Client Wants: The Future of GDOT Program and Project Delivery
- Teamwork Makes the Infrastructure Dreams Work: How Engineers Can Help Local Governments, CIDs and GDOT Partner to Leverage Resources and Secure Funding
- The Best of the Worst: Risk Management Strategies
- The Future of Cities: How Smart Cities Concepts are Transforming Communities
- The Future of Engineering: How Technology will Transform The Practice and Business of Engineering
- Welcome to The Original Future City: Governing, Operating & Maintaining the Most Magical Special Taxing District on Earth
PLUS, you won't want to miss our...
Thursday Night Welcome Party
Mix and mingle with some real characters, no, not just your fellow engineers, your favorite Disney characters too! We'll kick things off with a Walt Disney World® themed welcome party reception, filled with food, drinks and fun.
Friday Night Illuminations Fireworks Dessert Party
After an afternoon in the theme parks or lounging by the pool and dinner on your own, come join us for a cocktail reception and an incredible fireworks dessert party and watch Illuminations: Reflections of Earth from the best seats in the house - our own private viewing area along the World Showcase Lagoon inside Epcot (theme park admission not required).
Optional Behind-the-Scenes Tour: Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID)
In 1967, the Florida State legislature created the Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID), a special taxing district that was granted the power to deliver all of the services that would normally be provided by a county or city government. The RCID provides essential governmental services for the 43 square mile Walt Disney World® Resort property, including operating and maintaining 167 miles of roadways, 67 miles of waterways, an environmental testing laboratory, electric power generating facilities and power distribution system, water, wastewater and reclaimed water facilities, chilled water, hot water and natural gas utilities, a private landfill and a solid waste recycling center. The RCID behind-the-scenes tour will highlight the engineering and infrastructure required to support the #1 tourist destination in the world, which hosts 52 million visitors a year.
If you have already registered for the conference and would like to add this optional tour to your registration, please complete the payment information here.
Optional Behind-the-Scenes Tour: Backstage Magic
Millions are enchanted by the legendary magic of Walt Disney World Resort, but tour participants are among the select few who receive an up-close look into the artistry, technology, mechanical marvels and backstage secrets that go into producing world-class entertainment. In addition, the tour guides provide a plethora of knowledge, little-known facts and insider insights as they whisk Guests away on an amazing 7-hour journey. For more information and to book this tour, go to Disney's website here.
Please note that registration cancellations are not permitted after Thursday, May 30th. If you are unable to attend and would like to send a substitute, please email their name, company, and email address to Brittney Love.