To view upcoming online programs and Principals Roundtables, please view our event calendar here.
ACEC Georgia is kicking off a new resource to help firms better navigate through the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Reopening Your Office: What You Need to Know
is the first session of our new Principals Roundtable
, a virtual forum for the leaders of ACEC Georgia Member Firms to hear the latest business information from industry experts, clients and local and state elected officials and to be able to share and discuss the issues that are on your mind. Meetings will last no more than 1 hour, with the first half of the meeting devoted to a presentation on a specific topic and the second half reserved for group discussion of any other topics the participants want to address.
Reopening Your Office: What You Need to Know
Employers are going to need to adapt to a constantly changing landscape of executive orders and workplace safety regulations in order to bring employees back to the office. Our presenters will discuss important HR, legal and risk management considerations for employers to consider as we move into this ?next normal?:
- Navigating OSHA & CDC workplace guidelines.
- Developing health and safety protocols, including hazard and risk assessment surveys for employees.
- Potential modifications to both the physical workplace (particularly with ?open concept? floor plans) as well as workplace practices (including PPE, temperature screening protocols and social distancing).
- Determining if current work from home arrangements might continue to be a better option.
- Considering protocols for handling clients, vendors and other visitors to your office.
- Conducting a review of your insurance policy coverages and exemptions to determine changes you might need to make to cover the range of new risks.
, Vice President with Risk Strategies Company
, Attorney/Partner with Taylor English
About the Speakers:
A graduate of the University of Georgia, Lee has served the risk management, loss prevention, and insurance needs of architects, engineers, and construction consultants exclusively since 1989. Lee began his career in Birmingham, AL working closely with state and local AIA and ACEC Chapters delivering contract review services, Loss Prevention seminars, and supporting efforts of both ACEC and AIA in legislative pursuits. Lee is an active member of PLAN (Professional Liability Agents Network), a leading national professional association of insurance brokers serving professional practices. PLAN is very active nationally, addressing risk trends of design and consulting professionals. In 2014, Lee joined Risk Strategies in the Professional Practice Group focused nationally in serving professional practices.
Glianny Fagundo prides herself in partnering with clients to design and implement workplace policies and practices that are not just compliant with the law, but that further business goals and protect a company?s culture. Ms. Fagundo routinely counsels national employers on a multitude of workplace issues. Her husband, Michael Diaz, is a PE and Area Manager with Arcadis.
For information on sponsoring this session, please click HERE. Contact Jennifer.Head@acecga.org for more information.