The Civil Design Section Manager works under the direction of the Engineering Department Manager and is responsible for planning and establishing procedures and methods by which staff must abide when performing tasks. He/she also reviews production and financial reports on a regular basis and implements corrective actions, when necessary.
- Assist and/or lead initiatives to promote the progress of the organization in an effective manner
- Ensure high productivity by managing the required performance of the assigned staff
- Provide recommendations, analyze, report, and develop strategies to target the improvement in quantity as well as quality of projects/programs
- Identify problems, provide alternatives, create choices and solutions for course of action
- Report operational and production level issues by performing project health analysis
- Assist Client Services through CRM reporting, Proposal Development and Marketing
- Implement risk assessment and development in process for manufacturing areas
- Ensure all the processes are carried out by following regulatory standards of safe and healthy environment
- Supervise and monitor the overall performance of the employee resources in their department to achieve organizational goals and KPIs
- Train the assistants with an aim to achieve the organizational and business goals, objectives and visions
- Plan for compensations and rewards for employees, as well as approve PTO and expenses
- Get involved in periodic training, succession planning, employee selection, career development and performance reviews
- Keep track of completion of various operations and tasks within the given time frame
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction, Computer Science or a business-related field is required. A master's degree is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Project Management Certification is a plus
- Professional Engineering Licensure in GA, AL, and FL is preferred.
- Requires the ability to exert light physical effort including, but not limited to, lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, etc. of objects and materials of light weight (generally 25 pounds and less)
- May involve extended periods of time in seated position and at a keyboard or workstation
- This job is mainly in the office, but requires out of the office visits to attend client meetings, participate in various workshops and industry events, and whatever else deemed necessary by management
- Willingness to travel to various project sites - Primarily Alabama & Georgia
CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL RISK MANAGEMENT, L.L.C. is a Certified Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, and/or disability. C.E.R.M. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background, credit check, and drug screen.