Civil Engineer II
Columbia Engineering is actively seeking a talented Civil Engineer II to join our Duluth, Georgia. You will work with a team of engineers to perform preliminary and final design of water resources infrastructure projects You may also perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and computations for stormwater management and watershed master planning, floodplain studies, dam break studies, stream restoration, and water quality studies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Assists in the development of probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department per contract and client requirements.
- Develops water/sewer/stormwater construction plans.
- Performs construction site inspections.
- Coordinates with utilities to obtain utility information and determine conflicts.
- Assists in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates.
- Prepares or modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, permits and designs for projects.
- Reviews construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Uses computer assisted engineering design and drafting software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Visits construction sites to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Serves as onsite project representative per contract.
- Attends client meetings.
- Handles routine contract administration.
- Familiar with Federal, State, and local codes, regulations, and standards governing design and construction projects in their respective field.
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety requirements and environmental
- Ability and willingness to QA/QC of own work and work of other project team members
- Can perform critical thinking tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Balance multiple project workloads and deadlines requiring time management skills.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology
- Min 1 year of related experience in Water Resources Engineering
- Computer knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
- Working knowledge of Civil 3d
- EI Certification
Experience with the following software
- ArcMap or other GIS software
- SWMM based models
Columbia is a design and survey consulting firm headquartered in Duluth, Georgia with a satellite office in North Carolina. We offer professional services for civil site, transportation, water resources, land planning, landscape architecture, institutional design, as well as arborist services, land acquisition, construction management and surveying for public and private clients. Our proficient professional staffs are licensed in multiple states as civil engineers, landscape architects, land planners and land surveyors, with several holding the distinction of LEED® Accredited Professional.
Columbia Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.