Senior Structural Engineer
Shear Structural is looking for a full-time, licensed Senior Structural Engineer for our growing Chamblee, Georgia office. Qualified candidates should possess a high level of technical skill and be a self-motivated individual who can work within a strong collaborative team environment, serving a variety of clients on projects throughout the United States. Technical specialization, proactivity and customer service when meeting client and project needs are a must.
In this position, the individual will be required to work closely with our collaborative team in a open, fast-paced environment.
Clients will include: architects, developers, institutions, municipalities, engineers and contractors.
Project types will include: adaptive reuse, education, healthcare, municipal, commercial, and more.
Requirements of Candidates
- Professional Engineer license (PE, SE preferred)
- 10-15 years Professional design/engineering experience
- Master’s in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering, preferred
- Must be proactive, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be creative, collaborative and client-service oriented
- Performing structural computations in the design and analysis of concrete, steel, masonry, and wood
- Creating and reviewing analysis models and interpreting results for 2D and 3D structural frames
- Managing construction administrative tasks, including field site visits and shop drawing review
- Well-versed in today’s construction methodology & building codes
- Managing design drawings, quantities, cost estimates, specifications, reports and other project deliverables
- Preparing & reviewing technical studies and reports
- Field observations before design and during construction (minor travel to project sites)
- Technical knowledge of structural engineering procedures, materials and systems
- Project management and client interaction skills
- Experience with Revit, RAM, AutoCAD, Enercalc, Bluebeam, etc.
About Shear Structural
Shear Structural is an EOE employer. Founded in 2017, Shear is Atlanta's newest structural engineering firm. We are a small, diverse and mighty team, working on some of the most interesting projects in the Southeast. We are proud to be 100% women-owned and women-managed and are a certified FBE and WBE by local, regional, and national entities. Our collaborative office is conveniently located in downtown Chamblee, Georgia near the Chamblee MARTA station.
Visit our website at www.shearstructural.com or check us out on social media: facebook, instagram, linkedin, or twitter to learn more about us and our team.
- Company supported health and dental coverage
- 401(k) plan with company matching & discretionary profit sharing options
- Company-paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability
- Complimentary Lunch every Tuesday
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Flexible Scheduling (Half-Day Fridays Year Round)
- Flexible PTO
- Additional day of PTO on your Birthday
- Casual In-Office Work Environment
- Company-Funded Professional Development/Training
- Company-Sponsored Social Events and Volunteer Activities
- Open Door Policy to Leadership
- Complimentary In-Office Snacks
- Paid Company Holidays, including full Office Closure the week between Christmas and New Years Day
- Spot Bonus Program
- Discretionary Annual Profit Sharing Bonus Program