Columbia Engineering is actively seeking a talented Transportation Engineer to join our Duluth, Georgia transportation design team. You will work with a team of engineers on design and production of all aspects of roadway design including horizontal and vertical alignments; intersection layout; corridor modeling; drainage design; ROW, cross sections; utility plans; signing & marking; and quantity/cost estimating. This position will entail communication with the Project Managers and Engineers on key issues and project progress.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under supervision, plan, design, and analyze data on roadway/transportation engineering projects
- Prepare studies with associated drawings, maps, reports, and supporting documentation
- Calculate quantities and prepare construction cost estimates
- Prepare construction drawings
- Prepare specifications
- Conduct site visits and report findings to supervisory engineers and/or project managers
- Assist project managers and more experienced engineers in ensuring project/task schedules and budgets are met
- Coordinate with team members to ensure timely and accurate document or drawing preparation
- Responsible for progressing knowledge through completion of various training initiatives: attending seminars; reviewing professional publications; and attending in-house training courses
- Occasional travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Min 5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with coursework relevant to working in the transportation engineering field
- Computer knowledge/experience with Microstation/InRoads/OpenRoads and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
- AutoCAD/Civil3D experience is a plus
- PE licensure is preferred
- An eagerness to learn and ability to apply your engineering skills in developing creative problem-solving designs
- The ability to communicate with and effectively participate in an engineering team
Columbia is a Georgia Certified small business consulting firm located in Duluth, Georgia. We offer professional services for civil site, transportation, water resources, land planning, landscape architecture, and institutional design as well as arborist services, land acquisition, construction management and surveying for public and private clients. Our proficient professional staffs are licensed in multiple states as civil engineers, landscape architects, land planners and land surveyors, with several holding the distinction of LEED® Accredited Professional.
Columbia Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.