Please apply on the HNTB website to be considered: HERE
This is a highway design position where the employee is fully competent to complete engineering-related tasks including research, development, calculations, design and delivery with minimal direction. On tasks basis, is responsible for preparation and completion of discipline engineering efforts that are responsive to project needs. Coordinates preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas.
What We're Looking For
- Conducts design and constructibility reviews of plans
- Assists Senior Engineers and Project Managers with preparation of weekly and monthly program updates and reporting
- Assists Senior Engineers and Project Managers with management of design review process and permitting through outside agencies
- Coordinates with construction observers, consultant engineers, utility coordinators, and right of way coordinators
- Conducts reviews and makes recommendations of approval of potential construction change orders, utility agreements, and construction & utility pay estimates
- Updates and maintains master schedule for the program
- Teach younger staff an overall understanding of design and plan development
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Efficient in InRoads/OpenRoad
- Efficient in Microstation
- Working comprehension of GDOT's DPM, PPG and PDP manuals
What You'll Need
- Responsible for completion of discipline engineering project elements such as reports, designs, specifications and plans.
- Responsible for coordination and productivity of subordinates. Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Works closely with other disciplines and multi-discipline projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5 years relevant experience
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.