For visitors to the ACEC Georgia Site, we may automatically collect the following pieces of information:
Internet domain and IP address;
Type of browser and operating system used;
The date and time of the visit;
ACEC Georgia Site pages visited;
The address of originating website, if any.
In certain areas of the Site, however, you may choose to reveal information about yourself to ACEC Georgia. This may include sending ACEC Georgia an email through a feature on the Site or filling out a form. The information you disclose may include your name, address, email address, or other information that is not publicly available. In the event that you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information about yourself in this way, ACEC Georgia commits to use it only for the purposes for which it was provided, and to not provide it to any third parties.
ACEC Georgia Members
ACEC Georgia Members create an account with ACEC Georgia and log in for certain activities, such as viewing content, managing personal contact information, registering for events, managing communications preferences, changing settings and account details, paying registration and other fees to ACEC Georgia, and other Site activities. Note that use of the Site is governed by the Site Terms of Service, and use of groups, interests, forums, and social media sites are governed by policies posted on the Site at those locations.
Any information supplied by ACEC Georgia members is kept and stored in databases and only will be used for the purpose for which the ACEC Georgia member provided it, or other specific purposes authorized herein. ACEC Georgia may use your personal information to contact you in the future, but in no instance will provide any information supplied by you to third parties if that information could be used to personally identify you, except as follows:
- If you register for an ACEC Georgia event or conference, ACEC Georgia may release your personal contact information to exhibitors and sponsors of those ACEC Georgia events and conferences. If you do not wish to have your name released, please notify ACEC Georgia on the registration page, or by emailing ACEC Georgia at info “at” acecga.org.
- Your information is supplied to GrowthZone, our Site provider. GrowthZone’s own website privacy protections and practices are viewable at: http://micronet.growthzoneapp.com/privacypolicy/Details/growthzone-privacy-policy-2617
- ACEC Georgia may use third-party contractors for provision of certain services, such as for printing services and meetings. Third-party contractors will not use your information for any purposes other than the ones the information was provided for unless expressly consented to by you in registration forms.
- In no event will ACEC Georgia share your email address with a third party without your prior permission except as discussed above.
- ACEC Georgia retains the right to market to members, and to collect information pertaining to your use of the Site in order to more effectively market to you in the future. All credit card information is deleted once the particular transaction is complete.
Right to Access or Correct Data
If ACEC Georgia retains any personally identifiable information about you, you have the right to see what information ACEC Georgia retains. For ACEC Georgia members, most of this information is viewable inside your user account. For Site visitors, the only personally identifiable information is information you specifically provided to us through an email or form on our website. Regardless, any person who has provided information to ACEC Georgia and would like to review that information may email a request. Fulfilling your request may take some time due to the technical nature of the Site, but ACEC Georgia will not unreasonably delay in providing a list of personally identifiable information retained about you by ACEC Georgia.
You have the right to correct any data ACEC Georgia retains about you, should it contain mistakes. ACEC Georgia strives to keep accurate data and encourages you to bring any mistakes to its attention. Submit information corrections to info “at” acecga.org.
Duration of Information Retention and Deletion Requests
Unless otherwise noted, information about Site visitors and members is retained indefinitely. You may, at any time, request that your information be deleted. Note that, in doing so, ACEC Georgia may not be able to offer certain services or features of the Site to you.
Links to external sites may be available on the ACEC Georgia Site. While ACEC Georgia will not post a link to an external site which it knows to be harmful or have unacceptable privacy practices, you understand that ACEC Georgia cannot be responsible for external sites and cannot make privacy guarantees for those sites. You visit those sites at your sole risk.
233 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 521-2324 Voice, (404) 521-0283 Fax