- Political Advocacy: Fighting for the business of engineering at every level of government by advancing and securing policies that positively impact firms across Georgia.
- Networking and partnership opportunities with industry peers and potential clients.
- Informative and relevant events and webinars with speakers who influence and engage with the engineering industry.
- Reduced pricing on all ACEC Georgia events, awards and initiatives.
- Access to ACEC's Job Board, the best engineering niche career center, partnering with 41 other engineering associations to provide an active jobs marketing place for firms and candidates.
- Opportunity for involvement and leadership on Forums, Committees and Councils.
- Use of ACEC's Trusts: Business Insurance, Life/Health Insurance and Retirement.
Leadership Development Opportunities
ACEC Georgia’s Introduction to the Business of Engineering is designed to provide employees with 0-5 years of experience with a broad initial exposure to the critical components of the “business side” of a consulting engineering firm. Participants will leave with an understanding of the importance of business development, client management, and other firm profitability factors that will make them far more valuable to their firms as they also continue to develop their technical abilities.
For 24 years, this nine-month program has prepared participants for leadership roles within their firms by providing training in management, leadership and business development skills, as well as the "nuts and bolts" of business. This includes firm and project accounting principles, risk management issues, legal issues and an entire session focused solely on the public policy issues affecting the industry.
Returning Fall 2021, this graduate-level course is designed to build on the foundational learning of the ACEC Georgia Future Leaders Program by providing the higher-level leadership development training and mentoring necessary to bridge the gap between being a manager of people and projects to being a leader, principal or officer in a firm and in our industry.