GPTQ Preconstruction Design Awards
The 2022 Georgia Partnership for Transportation Quality (GPTQ) Preconstruction Design Awards
Now Open for Entries!
The top three finalists in each of the ten categories will be contacted to provide additional information for the final judging.
If you have any questions about these Awards, please contact Jennifer Head at Jennifer.Head@acecga.org
Transportation projects in Georgia are to be nominated by the Owner and are awarded to the primary engineer for the project. A project should demonstrate transportation planning and design expertise, as well as a commitment to GPTQ's goals, which include: working cooperatively to deliver the transportation program efficiently with a focus on quality; recognizing and showcasing quality achievement by the partnership and its members; and improving long-term performance and durability of Georgia's transportation system. Design projects should have a 'let' date not older than five years. Projects that have previously won a GPTQ Preconstruction Design Award are ineligible.
Awards are given to the best projects nominated in each category. These categories have been selected as those that best embody the on-going evolution of innovation and quality in serving the transportation needs of Georgia. Each award will be presented to the engineer/engineering firm most responsible for the accomplishment of the category. The entire design team and/or agencies named in the nominations will be recognized. Additional awards can be obtained upon request to ACEC Georgia with payment for the award cost.
The judges will select one project entry for recognition as the Grand Award Winner.
- All winners will be presented with an award.
- All winning projects will be featured in an issue of Engineering Georgia magazine.
- All winning projects will be recognized through ACEC Georgia communications, including email, social media, and website.
- All winners will be presented with an award at the Georgia Transportation Summit, November 10, 2022
- Complete the short nomination form by July 29, 2022.
- Top three nominations in each category are selected and notified by August 26, 2022; these project team(s) will be asked to submit additional project information.
- The Georgia Transportation Summit is, November 10, 2022
The judging will be based on total engineering excellence in the criteria established for each category of entry. In addition, each entry will be judged for excellence based on the general criteria listed below:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Cost Effectiveness
- Environmental Protection
Categories of Entry
Nominations may be for portions, aspects, or stages of a project worthy of recognition.
This award recognizes innovation and emphasizes new design solutions to engineering problems with broad prospects for future application. Such innovation may include the use of new products or functioning components.
Criteria for judging:
- Innovative Approach to Design
- Problem solving methodology
- Innovative use of methods or materials
- Customer satisfaction
- Cost effectiveness
- Minimal negative effect on the environment/aesthetics
- Completeness and accuracy of plans