Engineering Excellence Awards
ONLINE PORTAL NOW CLOSED. NO LONGER ACCEPTING SUBMITTALS.
The Engineering Excellence Awards are an annual design competition provided by the American Council of Engineering Companies of Georgia (ACEC Georgia). The Engineering Excellence Awards recognize engineering achievements demonstrating the highest degree of merit and ingenuity. Entries are rated on the basis of uniqueness and originality; future value to the engineering profession; social, economic and sustainable development considerations; complexity; and successful fulfillment of client/owner’s needs. The Awards offer all competition entrants a valuable opportunity to be recognized by showcasing their talent, their expertise and their profession.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- September 25, 2019 | Awards Open for Entries
- October 25, 2019 | Full Entries Must Be Submitted by 5 p.m. and Payment Received by ACEC Georgia
- By November 19, 2019 | Judging Complete and Winner Notification
- January 3, 2020 | Entries Due for National Submissions (Only State Award Winners Qualify)
- March 14, 2020 | All-Winners Recognized During the 2020 Georgia Engineering Awards at The Whitley Atlanta Buckhead
(1) Studies, Research and Consulting Engineering Services
(2) Building/Technology Systems
(3) Structural Systems
(5) Water Resources or Waste and Storm Water
(8) Industrial and Manufacturing Processes and Facilities
(9) Small Projects
(10) Special Projects
2020 Georgia Engineering Awards
All Engineering Excellence Award winners will be honored during the 2020 Georgia Engineering Awards, a black tie to be held on Saturday, March 14, 2020 at The Whitley Atlanta Buckhead. Make plans to attend this elegant celebration of your firm's achievement and the engineering industry as a whole!
ACEC Georgia Engineering Excellence Award winners will receive:
- Mention in a feature article in an issue of Engineering Georgia magazine
- Recognition during the 2020 Georgia Engineering Awards
- Option to display photographic project panel at the 2020 Georgia Engineering Awards (virtual project panel must be submitted to be part of the selection for People’s Choice Award).
- Professional photography of winning firm with the award during the 2020 Georgia Engineering Awards for firm use
- Visibility to more than 500 peers and clients at the 2020 Georgia Engineering Awards
- Project and firm name recognition in a press release distributed to media and trade publications statewide
- Project and firm recognition in ACEC Georgia communications, including social media and website
- Grand Award Winner project photo framed and displayed for one year in ACEC Georgia’s office
- Additional benefits to be named
Any firm maintaining a Georgia office and engaged in the private practice of consulting engineering is eligible to enter. Projects executed anywhere in the world are eligible; however, the firm’s Georgia office must have had a leadership role in the project (designed in Georgia) to be eligible.
Studies, Research and Consulting Engineering Services (Category 1) or survey and mapping projects (included in Category 10) must have been publicly disclosed by the client between November 1, 2017, and October 31, 2019. Construction of projects (Categories 2-10) must have been substantially completed and ready for use between November 1, 2017 and October 31, 2019. The completed official entry form must be signed by both the entrant and the client/owner (senior executives/officials) confirming this fact. Company representative may be contacted by phone by judging panel.
Engineering projects may be entered in one of ten categories. A project may be entered only once in any category. However, after a project entered in Category 1 has been constructed, it may be entered in a different category in the eligible year.
ACEC Georgia guidelines are used for Georgia submissions only. If a submittal receives a State Award, the firm can choose to submit for a national award. If submitting for a national award, please follow the guidelines outlined by ACEC National, as they differ from Georgia.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2019 ACEC GEORGIA ENGINEERING EXCELLENCE AWARDS WINNERS!
State Award Winners
Arcadis U.S., Inc.
Concord Road Covered Bridge Rehabilitation
Category: Structural Systems
Hofstadter and Associates, Inc.
Category: Small Projects
NOVA Engineering & Environmental, LLC
Larkin on Memorial
Northwest Corridor Express Lanes
Lake Peachtree Spillway Replacement
Category: Water Resources or Waste and Storm Water
Uzun + Case, LLC
University of Louisville Pedestrian Bridge
Category: Special Projects
SR 141 Traffic Study
Category: Studies, Research and Consulting Engineering Services
Honor Award Winners
Bennett & Pless
The Fox Theatre Renovation
Heath & Lineback Engineers, Inc.
Lanier Technical College, Hall County Campus
Sun Valley Drive Extension, Phase I
Western Summit Constructors, Inc.
RM Clayton WRC Headworks Improvements Design-Build
Merit Award Winners
American Engineers, Inc.
East Cherokee Drive at Gaddis Road Roundabout
Prime Engineering, Inc.
Ramp 6 Deicing Area Improvements
SR 133 Widening