2018 Georgia Engineers Summer ConferenceName: 2018 Georgia Engineers Summer ConferenceDate: June 7, 2018 - June 10, 2018Registration: Sorry, public registration for this event has been closed.Event Description:
CONTENT | CLIENTS | CONNECTIONS
Join engineering, business and community leaders for the 2018 Georgia Engineers Summer Conference from June 7-10, 2018 in historic downtown Charleston, South Carolina.
- SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
- INFORMATION ON BREAKOUT SESSIONS
- TO VIEW AN ATTENDEE LIST, SESSION DESCRIPTIONS & SPEAKER PROFILES, DOWNLOAD THE "ACEC GEORGIA EVENTS" APP FROM THE APPLE STORE OR GOOGLE PLAY
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: RODNEY D. BULLARD
Rodney Bullard leads Chick-fil-A's community engagement and philanthropic strategy as Vice President of Community Affairs and Executive Director of the Chick-fil-A Foundation. Before joining Chick-fil-A, Rodney served as an Assistant United States Attorney prosecuting complex criminal cases. For his service, the United States Attorney General presented him with the Department of Justice Director's Award. Prior to this role, Rodney was selected as a White House Fellow, the nation's most prestigious public service Fellowship. As a White House Fellow, he was placed at NASA working directly for the NASA Administrator. Rodney also previously served at the Pentagon as a Congressional Legislative Liaison in the Office of the Secretary of the Air Force.
Rodney is an alumnus of the Air Force Academy, Duke Law, the University of Georgia and the Harvard Business School. He recently released his first book, Heroes Wanted: Why the World Needs You to Live Your Heart Out. You can learn more about his book by clicking here.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS & MODERATORS INCLUDE:
- Mike Alexander, Director, Center for Livable Communities, Atlanta Regional Commission
- Doug Allen, Senior Vice President, HNTB Corporation
- Marsha Anderson Bomar, Executive Director, Gateway85 (formerly Gwinnett Village Community Improvement District)
- Joe Carpenter, Division Director of P3, Georgia Department of Transportation
- Brad Carr, Partner, Andersen, Tate & Carr
- John Carrato, President/CEO, Alfred Benesch & Company
- Katie Cash, Vice President, Smartegies
- Mayor Eric Clarkson, City of Chamblee
- Ian Coats, Technical Specialist on Structural BIM, Autodesk
- Kent Collier, J.D., CRIS, Associate Client Manager, Greyling Insurance Brokerage
- Tommy Crochet, Transportation Design Lead, SE Region, VHB
- Kade Cullefer, Executive Director, Georgians for Lawsuit Reform
- Neil Deans, Senior Vice President, Kimley-Horn
- Faye DiMassimo, FAICP, Specialist Leader, Deloitte Consulting, Atlanta, GA
- Lee Edmond, Vice President, Risk Strategies Company
- Andrew Heath, State Traffic Engineer, Georgia Department of Transportation
- John Heath, President, Heath & Lineback Engineers and Chairman, ACEC Georgia
- George Kaffezakis, P.E., Director of Engineering, Cobb County-Marietta Water Authority
- Allie Kelly, Executive Director, The Ray
- David Kratz, Hull Maintenance Supervisor, USS Yorktown
- Nicole Mangino, Esq., Vice President, Director of Field Operations Underwriting, Design Professional, XL Catlin Insurance Company
- Fielder Martin, Senior Counsel, Baker Donelson
- Michael McGinley, Director, Prairie Capital Advisors, Inc.
- Kathy Metcalfe, Chief Culture Officer, Clark Patterson Lee
- Terry Neimeyer, CEO and Chairman of the Board, KCI Technologies, Inc.
- Dan Oblinger, Sole Proprietor, Leadercraft
- Ron Osterloh, P.E., Senior Vice President, Pond
- Tony Parker, President/CEO, Pond
- Dustin Parkman, Vice President for Civil, Modeling and Visualization, Bentley Systems
- Mayor Rusty Paul, City of Sandy Springs
- Doug Reed, President, FosterGrowth
- Sally Riker, Principal and Chief Talent Officer, Lowe Engineers
- Travis Riker, Principal, Arista Consulting Group
- Sergio "Satch" Pecori, CEO, Hanson Professional Services Inc. and Chairman, ACEC National
- Jonathan Sigman, P.E., Regional Manager, Collins Engineers, Inc.
- Bayne Smith, Senior Vice President, Transportation South Discipline Manager, KCI Technologies, Inc.
- Judy Sparks, President and Founder, Smartegies
- Kent Stair, Partner, Carlock, Copeland & Stair, LLP
- Chuck Warbington, City Manager, City of Lawrenceville
- Eddie Williams, Senior Vice President, Keck & Wood
- Ashley Wolverton, Director of Talent Management, Wolverton
- Jay Wolverton, CEO, Wolverton
- Marvin Woodward, Deputy State Property Officer, Deputy Director, GSFIC Construction Division
- Treasury Young, Chief Procurement Officer, Georgia Department of Transportation
- Engineering Industry Trends
- Talent Trends: Culture Rescue and How to Build Better Workplaces
- Technology Trends: Implementation in State Projects
- Technology Trends: Impacts on the Business of Engineering
- Listen Like a Negotiator: Sales, Marketing and Hostage Negotiations
- Future of Transportation in Georgia
- Future of Program and Project Delivery in Georgia
- Future Workforce Trends and Profiles
- Part I: Ownership Transition - The Art of the Deal
- Part II: Ownership Transition - Lessons Learned from Those Who Have Been There
- Georgia's Business Legal Climate and Trends
- Let's Get Digital - How Engineers Drive Revenue Online
- Branding 101 - Standing Out in an Overcrowded Market
- Best Practices for Workforce Development and Retention
- More sessions to be announced!
PLUS, EXPLORE CHARLESTON'S HARBOR... Saturday evening will feature a unique Charleston attraction - a dinner cruise and harbor tour! See the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, Castle Pinckney, Fort Sumter, Charleston Battery, Patriots Point (USS Yorktown), Morris Island Lighthouse and more! No additional fee - dinner and the harbor cruise are included in the registration pricing.
CLICK HERE FOR SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Please note that registration cancelations are not permitted after Thursday, May 31st. If you are unable to attend and would like to send a substitute, please email their name, company, and email address to Brittney Love.