Savannah General Membership MeetingName: Savannah General Membership MeetingDate: March 30, 2018Time: 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM EDTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
Join ACEC Georgia members for networking, breakfast and a keynote address from Richard Dunn, Director of the Georgia Environmental Protection Division.
Click here to view sponsorship opportunities
Richard Dunn will provide an update on the following items related to Watershed Protection:
- Changes from existing construction general permits to the new permits (GAR 001, 002 and 003) (effective August 1, 2018)
- Regulatory update as to what is on the stormwater horizon regarding all the state water buffer regulations
- State water buffer variance applicability in coastal Georgia canals and conveyance channels
- Upcoming Ms4 communities
- The future of Floridan Aquifer water supply in Red and Yellow Zones beyond 2025 and future Coastal Sound Science Initiatives in the 24-county coastal area
- Updates on alternative water supply options for the region, future policy (ASR, etc.)
- Direct potable reuse guidance
About Richard Dunn
Dunn is formerly the Deputy Director of OPB. He previously served as Director of the Health and Human Services division, where he worked closely on the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, the behavioral health settlement agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice, state health care programs and child welfare. Dunn came to OPB in 2011 from the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities where he served as the Deputy Chief of Staff. He has also served as the Acting Director of the Governor’s Office for Children and Families and Chairman of the Georgia Occupational Regulation Review Council.
Prior to his career in public service, Dunn taught courses on politics and public policy at Dickinson College and College of Charleston. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Emory University and a master’s degree from the University of Georgia. Dunn and his wife, Susan, have one son. They reside in Atlanta.