ACEC Georgia PAC was established to provide the opportunity for individuals, corporations, and businesses interested in the future of the consulting engineering profession to contribute to the support of worthy candidates for offices in the State of Georgia and its political subdivision who believe, and have demonstrated their beliefs in the principals to which the profession is dedicated.
The PAC contributes money to the political campaigns of local and state elected officials who make decisions that impact the business of engineering. We focus our PAC donations at the state level primarily on individuals who serve on the Regulated Industries Committee, Transportation Committee and those who serve in Leadership. At the local level, we contribute to county commissioners, commission chairs, mayors and council members in jurisdictions all over the state that have significant A/E/C procurement programs. These contributions allow us to have a seat at the table when local decisions are made, prevent bad legislation from advancing and promote legislation that is beneficial to our industry.
- Passed Private Permitting and Inspection bill, allowing developers and builders to use consulting engineers and architects for plan review, permitting and inspections.
- Passed legislation that prohibits the use of broadform indemnification & duty to defend clauses in contracts for engineering, architecture and surveying services (applies to both public and private sector clients).
- Passed HB 170 – The Transportation Funding Act of 2015, creating more than $1 billion in new dedicated, annual funding.
- Professional Licensure reform, to allow the PELS Board to hire its own dedicated staff, improve customer service and provide more robust enforcement of licensure violations.
- Creation of the Professional Engineer/Structural Engineer (PE/SE) license designation.
- Protecting existing transportation funding sources from being diverted to other purposes.